The Ministry of Industry and Trade through the Investment and Export Promotion Agency (APIEX, IP) organizes the 57th Edition of the Maputo International Trade Fair (FACIM 2022), from 29th August to 4th September 2022.
FACIM is a Trade Fair, with an annual and multisectoral nature, which brings together in a single space, all economic sectors at a national and international scale.
Every year the Fair takes place between the end of August and the beginning of September, according to the Calendar imposed by the International Union of Fairs (UFI), of which Mozambique is a member since 1969.
FACIM’s general objective is to expose the country’s production and export potential and promote business and investment opportunities in various segments of the national and foreign business fabric.
FACIM has the following specific objectives:
- Internationalize the national economy;
- Expose the potential for production and export;
- Establish partnerships between national companies and these with foreign companies;
- Promote business opportunities in the various segments of the national and foreign business fabric;
- Stimulate new public and private investment initiatives;
- Create business opportunities for micro, small and medium-sized national companies.
Theme: Industrialization: Innovation and Diversification of the National Economy
- The present edition of FACIM will take place in the traditional (presential) model, allowing the participation of the national and foreign business fabric at all levels, taking into account the gradual reopening of the national and world economy, given the situation of the COVID-19 Pandemic, prevailing the hybrid model (presential and virtual) for thematic seminars.
It is intended that all economic sectors, associations, national and foreign companies will be exhibitors at this Fair. The 57th Edition of FACIM 2022 is expected to attract more than 2,500 national and foreign exhibitors, around 21 countries and 350 foreign companies.